Aboto has expertise in the following human resource specialist areas of psychological health:
- Workplace Bullying – Dr. Moira Jenkins, the Director of Aboto, completed a PhD which examined workplace bullying and harassment from a number of different perspectives. She has written a book and has published extensively on the topic, and has spoken at a number of national and international conferences. Moira has considerable practical and real world experiences helping organisations prevent and manage complaints of bullying from a risk management perspective, read more
- Discrimination & Sexual Harassment – As a previous Manager of the Complaint Handling section of the South Australian Equal Opportunity Commission Moira has considerable experience in assisting both large organisations and small businesses understand their rights and responsibilities in preventing and responding to complaints of discrimination and sexual harassment, read more
- Mental Health at Work – Dr. Moira Jenkins is a practicing Clinical Psychologist who has a breadth of experience assisting organizations manage and promote good mental health in the workplace. She can work with your leaders to increase their knowledge about common mental health problems such as depression and anxiety, and how to support employees with mental health concerns, read more
- Management of Workplace Conflict -With post graduate qualifications in Conflict Management, and a decade of experience in the area of conflict management and alternate dispute resolution (ADR), Dr Moira Jenkins can assist your staff and managers to communicate better in conflict situations and better manage conflicts before they escalate into costly and intractable disputes, read more
- Managing Difficult People – High conflict people often take a disproportionate amount of time to manage and too often it is just assumed that staff should know how to deal with people with ‘prickly personalities’. With a background in clinical psychology, and conflict management, we can work with your staff and managers to provide practical skills and a framework to manage high conflict people in the workplace, read more
Robyn Dwight, OH&S Manager
Moira's level of expertise both as a practitioner/mediator and researcher was evident throughout the workshop.
Lydia Richards/ Safe Work SA
Preventing & Managing Workplace Bullying Workshop for Managers - Very experienced presenter with good examples.
Arthur Patten, Manager OHS & Quality/ Southcott Pty Ltd
The reaction from our managers was very positive and helped immensely with regard to their understanding of their responsibilities in the workplace.
Jared Simes, General Manager, Operations/ Employers Mutual
In a time of significant change within our business Moira has greatly assisted in keeping us positively engaged.
Charlotte Rayner, Professor of Human Resource Management/ Portsmouth Business School, UK
Moira's approach to workplace bullying is realistic, practical and well-informed. She deals with the complexities and ambiguities in bullying through a comprehensive and well written text. Ideal for HR Practitioners, small business owners and OH&S professionals who want to improve their practice. This is a really good book!
Employers Mutual Management/ Employers Mutual
Moira has enabled our employees to address and manage issues they may be facing in their personal lives, minimising the impact on their performance at work.
Fiona Stephens/ Principal at Central Psychology Services
Moira really knows the area of bullying/workplace factors contributing to a workplace where bullying occurs. she is a great trainer and educator and brings with her solutions to an area where many just throw their hands in the air, blame the "bully"; and so fail to address the systemic issues contributing to the bullying behaviours. No-one wins when bullying is allowed to continue and yet many organisations fail to be active when they are told it is occurring on their patch.
Russell Varley/ Principal, Direct HR Solutions
Moira through her company Aboto has provided education and training to the majority of our workforce. Firstly through education in implementing a Respectful Workplace Framework throughout the Southcott workforce and secondly through specific Communication training to managers to improve having more difficult conversations should they arise. Each time the work presented is professional, up to date with legislation and more importantly delivered in an easy to understand and relevant style that engages the audience. Moira is an expert in her field and gains the trust of those she is delivering to. I would recommend Moira to any employers looking to improve workplace knowledge in the workplace behaviour field.